Kiss and Ride Lane Procedures
Morning Arrival: Starts at 9 a.m.
Each family must complete a new Kiss and Ride Contract each school year. This is how your child receives a number to display in the front passenger portion of your windshield.
- Discharge/load children only in the kiss and ride area of the parking lot.
- Cars dropping off in the K&R line should stay in the right lane of the school’s entrance. The left lane is reserved for buses only.
- Pull your car as far forward as possible, following staff directions.
- Remain in your car while in the K&R line/area.
- Children should be ready to leave/enter as quickly as possible, using the vehicle door closest to the sidewalk.
- Avoid passing other cars in the kiss and ride line. To keep traffic patterns flowing smoothly, follow the directions of the school staff.
FCPS provides bus transportation for all students. Students must follow directions and behave in a safe and orderly manner. Bus riding privileges may be suspended if the principal determines a student’s behavior to be dangerous. Children should arrive at the bus stop 5-10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time. Kindergarten students must be met by a parent, child care provider, or sibling in middle or high school. The child will be returned to school if no one is there to meet him/her.
Changes in Transportation
If a change from the routine is required, please notify the teacher in writing/email no later than the morning of the change. (See Staff Directory for email addresses.) If an unexpected change occurs during the school day, please call the office (703-227-1400) no later than 3:15 p.m. Teachers cannot always check email during the school day.
Playdates should be arranged after your child has arrived home. Buses cannot carry extra students.
Bus Delay Notification System
This system provides parents with timely notification of late bus route information. Parents may access the system at the link below or use the FCPS Mobile App to receive the delayed bus report. Morning route information will be available until noon. The afternoon route information will be available from 1-5 p.m.
Need assistance or have questions? Contact the Lisa Weiford at email@example.com or at 703-249-7000 (in the FCPS transporation office for our school). For any concerns after hours, contact Safety and Security at 571-423-2000.
Patrols are assigned to positions on buses, in the school, and at kiss and ride. Their responsibility is to help maintain the safety of all students. All students are expected to obey patrol instructions. Patrols will report any inappropriate student behavior to the patrol sponsor(s).